Monday, June 20, 2011

Snake!!

I was doing an open house for one of my listings which happened to be for one of my crazy friends.  I had asked her to get the house in tip-top shape and was walking around turning on lights and making sure that everything was in order before it started.  I opened the doors to the exercise room and saw something in the floor, so I picked it up and threw it away and then noticed what I thought was a toy snake ( she has a son) and I went to pick it up.  It was in an upright position with tongue out. As I bent to pick it up, it dawned on me that it might not be a toy snake, so I decided to call and verify before I picked it up.  I called my friend who laighed and assured me that it must be a toy and I told her that she needed to be 100% sure before I moved it.  When I went back to look at it, it had moved across the room and I knew at that point..it wasn't a toy snake. So, I freaked a little (well, more than a little...) and told her she needed to come get the snake out of the house. Houses with snakes in them don't sell very well..... So her and her boyfriend left their pool party and came and he took his flip-flop off and got the snake. In the meantime, it bit him on the wrist.   This was the picture that I took in case he started having problems from the snake bite and we had to rush him to the hospital. 




And here he is slithering along the doorway freaking me out.  The funny thing was that Mom came to the open house and I couldn't tell her anything about it until after she left because I knew she would freak out more than me!!

Oh, the things we agents go through.....

No comments: