Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trip to...Atlanta!

We have lived here all of our lives, but there are still some things that we haven't done here in our own hometown so I decided to take the kids to Atlanta to do some of the touristy things downtown.  We started off our day at Centennial Park where we watched the kids play in the fountain of rings and watched the water show with music.  It was pretty cool although my kids weren't that impressed and didn't want to play in the water.

Can you tell who did NOT want her picture taken??


Then we walked over to the CNN Center where we took a tour of the studios.  I am not a huge fan of CNN but it was still pretty cool to see inside.  The kids thought it was funny that I was giving Justin such a hard time because he brought his knife to Atlanta (but left it in the car) and I was explaining to him how we have to go through security and then I was busted for my pepper spray that I totally forgot that I was carrying in my purse! Oh well...at least they gave it back afterwards.



After the tour, we walked through the park and found some cool spots for pictures, and then headed over to the World of Coke.  Jennifer had been before, but this was the first time for Justin and me.










They had the Olympic torch from the Summer Olympics in London so we got our picture with that-pretty cool!

 The tasting room is the highlight for most people where you get to walk around and taste many different kinds of coke. 
Cheers!




No comments: