Friday, December 20, 2013

Our old house

I got the bad news today that the house that I grew up in and loved dearly was involved in a fire early this morning. Jennifer and I went by to see it, and there was Channel 5 newscast set up to broadcast live from there in a few minutes for the 5 and 6 o'clock news. 

Thankfully, no one was hurt in the fire but 2 people involved are in critical condition tonight. From what I understand at this point, a man stabbed his wife multiple times in a domestic dispute and then drove to my old house (for unknown reasons at this time) and set his car on fire and then the house.  He then walked to an underpass down Chastain Rd where he was found unconscious a few hours later. 

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com" title="Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5 ">Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/24276762/police-man-stabs-wife-sets-fire-to-another-home

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com" title="Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5 ">Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

It is heartbreaking to me to think about a fire burning in my old house.  I sure had lots of memories there!

No comments: