I was recently invited to participate in a movie film as an extra. I have always wanted to do this, not to see myself on camera but just to be a part of the process and see how it is done. When I was a kid, I thought about being a cameraperson and think I would have enjoyed that. Today, I finally got my opportunity. It was thrilling...and boring....and thrilling again. It's one of those hurry up and wait type things. I had to leave the house at 6:15 am to be at the Carrollton courthouse by 7:30. I got there right on time, and expected to be in a big crowd of extras. But there weren't very many of us, which was kinda nice because we got to meet each of the actors and interact with them all day long. There were only 8 of us extras - 4 men and 4 women.
The movie is a thriller called "Sinking Sand". I didn't know any of the stars in it but they all have an established movie/film career. They each came up to us and introduced themselves and shook our hands or high fived us. They were all very friendly and most of them were very funny as well. I enjoyed my time with them. The time off set was boring but I enjoyed having some down time and getting some stuff done. I even finished a book I was reading. Once the extras started talking to each other, everyone opened up and had a better time. The guy behind me who lives in Carrollton turned out to be a classmate of mine from high school. We were in the same class and graduated together from high school. Neither one of us remembered the other one though. :) Two of the ladies were from Pebblebrook and she got excited when I mentioned that my daughter went there as she looks up to her since she is an upperclassman. One of the actors thought she recognized me. I thought she looked familiar too, but I guess I could have easily seen her on TV or movies before....don't know where she would recognize me from. :)
I can't wait to see the finished product!! Here is the info from IMDB:
Sinking Sand
After a loving wife murders a blackmailer to protect her husbands flourishing law career, she must watch as he prosecutes another for her crime.
|
Full Cast & Crew
Directed by
| Brian Yarbrough | ||
Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)
| Glynis Becker | ||
| Brian Yarbrough | ||
Cast
| Jenn Gotzon | ... |
Brooke McHenry
| |
| Zoe Myers | ... |
Miss Foster
| |
| Kevin Sizemore | ... |
Josh
| |
| Sandra Elise Williams | ... |
Mrs. Connors
| |
| Kwajalyn Brown | ... |
Assistant DA
| |
| Nicole Kovacs | ... |
Amber
| |
| Tom Clark | ... |
Daniel McHenry
| |
| Jim E Chandler | ... |
Tyler Griffin
| |
| Dominick Racano | ... |
Judge
| |
| Susie Hohenstein | ... |
Mrs. Mills
| |
| Holly Morris | ... |
Evie Page
| |
| Rod Landivar | ... |
Bailiff
| |
| Therese Lambert | ... |
Secretary
| |
Produced by
| Chip Lane | ... | producer |
| Ryan Watterson | ... | associate producer |
| Brian Yarbrough | ... | producer |




No comments:
Post a Comment