Monday, September 29, 2014

N GA State Fair

I love going to the fair!! It is worth the price of admission just to people watch because you see so many interesting sights and people there! I love when the air has a hint of coolness to it and it is a beautiful night to be there. The last few years, I have had the opportunity to work at the fair on multiple occasions each year so I have been able to get in free, then hang out afterwards for shows, concerts, or whatever.  Sometimes the family comes and sometimes I am by myself, but that is fine too.
I usually work the CERT booth where we talk to people about the CERT program and emergency preparedness-that is always fun getting to hang with CERT friends and meet some new ones. This is the first year in many years that we didn't have a booth (due to restructuring the program) and I really missed it.
The last 4 years I have also worked in the concession stand for PAPA (Pebblebrook's parent program).  I have learned to make french fries as well as work every station except meat cooker (although this year I did have to flip some burgers once) and money handler (that has to be someone on the board).  I always seem to work the really busy shifts so it is non-stop activity from the time I get there until the time I leave.  I worked 2 shifts this Fall and left there and went to see ComPAny 2015 perform their show and then another night I got to see Kenny Rogers in concert.  He did a great job and was very funny.  It didn't dawn on me until after the show that I had probably worked my last shift in the concession stand at the fair.  I had mixed feelings about it. I am sure I will still go to the fair each year, but it will probably only be one time and I may not have the time to do all the walking around that I usually do.

No comments: