She wanted a bigger party, of course, but I really didn't want a big group of girls this year. So, we had 3 of Jennifer's best friends over for a birthday sleepover. The cool thing about this group of girls is that they have been friends since birth and they are all great girls. So, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Their parents brought them over and ended up staying and having pizza with us while the kids hung out. The girls retreated up to Jennifer's bedroom where they did a makeover on each other. They were so quiet for so long that I was starting to get a little worried. Then they came down and watched some tv and had some birthday cake (that Jennifer made!!) and ice cream. The girls then went back up for a while before coming down and watching "the last song".
Dale and I went to bed and the girls finally went to bed after the movie was over. She had a great time, but since they were up so late, they slept really late as well. We made pancakes the next morning, with bacon , and fruit and they played the Wii until parents picked up. It was a very low-key part, but I think everyone had a good time just being together.
No comments:
Post a Comment