We ended up going to Medieval Times at Discover Mills Mall. I had no idea that it was in the mall until we got there. We were early and they actually walk out in the mall and parade around and blow the trumpets announcing the opening.
The outside of the arena was decorated for Christmas and they had a huge fire going in the fireplace where we got a table to sit and wait until we were called in.
Once our team was called, we went inside the arena and were seated in the second row-center section.
The food was really good!! I think this was the first time I had ever had tomato soup, and I liked it. I don't know if it would be my first choice, but it was definitely edible. But the biggest thing is that you get no eating utensils- no fork with the chicken and potatoes, and no spoon for the soup!! But that added to the fun of the evening!
The show they performed was really good as well. The horses were just simply amazing at some of the stunts and tricks that they could do. The jousting and games that the knights performed were really good too.
Our knight (the one for our team) would occasionally stop by and throw flowers out to the ladies. Jennifer caught one and immediately turned and gave it to Anna -who was thrilled to get a flower after wanting one so badly. And then another lady missed hers and it fell to the floor, where it was really whoever could get there first. Justin rushed over and got it, and then handed it back to the lady who missed it. It was a proud mommy moment for me to see how giving my kids were that evening. I am always proud of them, but they both gave up the flowers so automatically that night, that I was very proud of them for thinking of others.
This was our knight- the one that we cheered for and threw out the flowers. Sorry some of these are not focused well. I took my camera out of auto mode when it was dark and didn't realize until it was too late. Angela bought us the photos and the kids went around getting the signatures of all the knights and King and Queen too.
This was the prince!!
After it was all over, we took a few more pictures before heading out to the parking lot where we exchanged gifts.
It was cool, but not super cold so the adults hung out for a while and caught up with each other. The girls snuggled in the van with the gifts and the boys played inside the van and outside the van.
Everyone had an incredible time. It was expensive but it was worth the visit, and a night we will always remember!!

No comments:
Post a Comment