Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gun range

Well, it's been a LONG time since I shot our gun.  If I am fully honest, it has probably been since before I was pregnant with Jennifer.  But it was time!!

Mom and Bill found out about a ladies night at the local gun shop where you get free range time on Tuesdays.  So, they were going to go so that Mom could shoot their guns and gain some confidence as it had been a LONG time for her as well. 

So, Dale and I met Mom and Bill over at the gun shop where the people were very helpful and even cleaned Dale's gun for free.  They oohed and ahhed over it because it was a first generation Glock-which we had no idea. But apperently, they are quite the collector's item. 

It had been so long since we got the gun out that all 3 magazines had cracked the same way. Fortunately for us, they told us that Glock gives a lifetime warranty on their stuff and just to take it to them for new ones.  So, Dale went to Glock that afternoon for new magazines, and was happy to get them. 

We had a great time shooting at our targets and getting some practice and confidence back.  The first time I shot it I had forgotten what kind of "kick" that gun has.  But, I did pretty good after the initial shock wore off.

Here is Mom and I in our protective eyes and ears apparel.  There was one guy in there with us shooting what sounded like a cannon-it was so loud! I tried not to shoot at the same time as him as I knew it would startle me each time he shot.



 We shot at 15 and 25 yards with hollow point and full metal jacket bullets. 
This was Dale's target at the end.  He said he was aiming for the head with all the upper shots.
 

This was my silhouette at the end. I think I did pretty well.


Here are our targets when we were done.  It was a lot of fun!! And definitely a change of pace for a typical Tuesday!! 



That evening, Dale took Justin back over there for his first time shooting a real handgun.  He had a great time and did really well too!




 
His first few shots were in the targeted red zone. And then he started aiming for the head after a few times too.
 

No comments: