I was helping at Jennifer's school one night this week and there was another chance of snow in the forecast. So, I decided that I would just spend the afternoon and evening at her school helping just in case it snowed again. so, I showed up early to help with costumes for Les Mis for a few hours, then came down stairs to help serve the cast and crew dinner, and then to a financial aid seminar, and then back to work in the costume closet until 10 pm.
We were serving dinner in the foyer with large windows all around about 7:00 or so when it started snowing pretty hard. The faces and screams from the kids were priceless!! Where you would normally expect most of them to be excited to see it snowing, everyone was horrified to see it snowing! They all screamed "NOOOO!" and jaws dropped everywhere. It was obvious how terrorized most of them were with the idea of having to get home in the snow again. Now, granted it wasn't supposed to stick and accumulate and most people were already home from school and work, but they just panicked when they saw snow again. Jennifer ran over to me and said "Mom....it's snowing....I don't want to spend the night at South Cobb again." I assured her that Mommy was there and she would be fine. But, honestly I was glad that I had stayed over there most of the day just for that moment. It really didn't snow very long and it didn't really stick on the ground but at least we didn't have to worry about her driving home that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment