Today is earth day-not a big deal in our house usually. But we actually did something unusual for us and we decided it was a good way to celebrate Earth Day 2009. We went to dinner at a local Italian restaurant and decided to WALK there instead of driving the car. The kids and I have walked to the shopping center before but Dale never had and he was certainly not to sure about this idea. We talked him into it though. As we were leaving the neighborhood, Dale said "Someone is going to stop and ask us if we need a ride because they are going to think out car is broke." I just laughed and not 10 seconds later, a neighbor drove by and asked us if we needed a ride. We just laughed and told her "no thanks". We walked to the parking lot and to the restaurant, had a delicious dinner with way too many calories, and walked back home. Justin picked up some trash to help clean up the earth-not as much as he wanted but I really get a little freaked out by the kids picking up trash without gloves or some kind of protection (Call me weird if you want-I'm not really a germaphobe, that just gives me the creeps, not knowing where that trash has been. But I did let him pick up some papers and throw them in the trash.
Then when we got home, Justin got his "Go green car" out and we had a go green race. He set up the track and his car won the race.
So, the Jones family celebrated Earth Day after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment