Thursday, September 3, 2009

SURVIVOR Cindy style

I do not watch much TV. Its not that I don't enjoy it. I just don't have the time for it. And when I do get the chance to watch TV, I am usually doing something else at the same time. But, there is one show that I do watch and that is Survivor. I have seen every season. Luckily for my time restraints, they only come on twice a year.

I think I would enjoy playing Survivor and would really enjoy winning the million dollars, but there are many parts that I would not like. And most importantly, I would not want to be on TV for the world to see as I looked my worst and had very little clothes to cover me at times. I would never want to be in a swimsuit on national TV for any price. I wouldn't want to do without a toilet or toilet paper for 40 days. I wouldn't want to sleep on the ground in the rain. And I certainly wouldn't want to eat bugs and other disgusting stuff. However, the weight loss would be nice. And I do enjoy a pretty beach. But in reality, I don't think I could leave my kids or family for that long.

So, I will have to settle for the closest thing I can get. I joined the first season of Survivor known as digi-survivor. This was played on digi-island and lasted 5 weeks. I was up against some pretty tough competition. Each week, we had to create a project on Heritage Makers on our own without using any templates. We could use the 40,000 plus pieces of art in their system, but had to start with a blank page. We were given the guidelines of what we had to create and the deadline. We were assigned to teams with total strangers from across the nation and Canada. We had to work through time zones and motivate strangers over the computer to continue in the game. Like I said, some of these ladies were tough!! Now, I am relatively new to Heritage Makers, so I really couldn't hold a candle to some of these ladies. But, I hung in there and was tough. I figured I might not win the million (or the storybook, in this case), but the game would force me to learn more about the system that I am falling in love with.

Here is the information that I received: Keep in mind that I knew no one else that was doing this at all...WEEKLY CHALLENGES:
Suvivors must complete a weekly challenge and post their layouts in the gallery before the deadline or get booted off DIGI ISLAND! Are you up for the challenge to OUT-CROP, OUT-SCRAP, and OUTLAST the competition! To make this a bit more fun and challenging ~ the challenge details will be posted on this site with details of requirements that must be in the layout ~ ie minimum 2 photos, etc! No more hints today LOL!

IMMUNITY CHALLENGES: You will only have a short amount of time to complete theses challenges- But if you do it in time- you will have immunity from the weeks vote off of DIGI ISLAND!


Here are the teams. I have to admit I was not on a good team and that did hurt my chances on being the sole survivor. Fortunately, I made it to the merge and was on my own after that.


WEEK 1:
GAME FACE PHOTO CHALLENGE
CHALLENGE 1: GAME FACE LAYOUTS
GAME FACE WINNERS
IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: FAVORITE QUOTE LAYOUT

WEEK 2:
CHALLENGE 2: SEND A MESSAGE HOME LAYOUT
TEMPTATION CHALLENGE: INDULGE!
CHALLENGE 2 JUDGING: MAKE SECRET ALLIANCES!

WEEK 3:
CHALLENGE 3: NOTE TO YOUNGER SELF LAYOUT
TEMPTATION 2 - PART 1 PART 2: MATCHING FRUIT WITH SEEDS
CHALLENGE 3 JUDGING

WEEK 4:
CHALLENGE 4: HIDDEN SECRETS
IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: Are you HUNGRY?
CHALLENGE 4 JUDGING

WEEK 5:
CHALLENGE 5: What makes me Happy
FINAL TEMPTATION: Luau Party!
CHALLENGE 5 JUDGING

CLOSING CEREMONIES: ULTIMATE SURVIVOR WINNER!

For Challenge 1, we had to come up with our tribal name and post a layout showing our game face. Here was what I came up with:
Yes, my name was Cinwicki!!

For the first week's immunity challenge, we had to create a layout using one of our favorite quotes:
Challenge 2 was to create a layout showing you sending a message home. Here was mine:

Our temptation challenge this week was to choose some luxury items and we were rewarded or lost points based on what we chose. Here were our choices:I chose a massage and unfortuantely lost points. :(

Challenge 3 was to make a note to your younger self:

Temptation #2 was VERY tough. We had to match fruits with their seeds. I actually did pretty good on this one, but was really just guessing and got lucky.



Challenge 4 was to reveal a hidden secret about yourself:
And this week's immunity challenge was classic Survivor-are you hungry?? It was time to eat bugs!
Challenge 5 was what makes me happy:

And our final temptation was to choose our dress for the luau party. Happily, I chose well and earned some more points. I chose outfit #9. Don't you think I looked cute in that?? :) Sorry, no pictures were allowed. :)

Then last week, we had closing ceremonies where the ultimate survivor was crowned. Actually, it ended up being a tie. But it was nice to be on the jury and get to vote each week. I made it to the very end and participated in all the events!! I was very pleased just to be able to do that. Out of 48 players, I came in 20th place. Not too bad considering that I was going up against some really talented ( I mean strong!) people. I came in first place out of my team. I made some new friends and learned a lot in the process. And now I can say that I was on Survivor-digistyle!

No comments: