However, Jennifer had already confirmed that she would be at a birthday party in Powder Springs Friday night for several hours. So, we drove up Friday afternoon after running by Mom's house to get some leftovers (Thanks Mom!!) and drinks that she had left from a party. She also gave us a barrel full of water balloons. Luckily, I was able to get Jennifer a ride with a friend that lives near Cartersville, so we only had to go get her that evening.
We took Jake with us and he had an absolute blast!! He ran and swam, and ran and swam, and explored and swam, and made some new friends and swam. He was really good about sleeping with us and just laid next to our beds. Everyone had their own bed-even in that little cabin!! The beds that Dale and I slept in were touching but formed an L shape and Jake slept in the crook of the L one night and with Jennifer one night. When he was near us, he woke me up whimpering about 3 in the morning. I assumed he was dreaming because he sometimes makes that type noise when he is dreaming. But he kept on and would finally work up to a small bark. I grinned to myself imagining what he must be dreaming about-chasing a duck in the lake or a squirrel up a tree. But it kept going on and on for about 20 minutes. Dale had already sat up to check on him but didn't notice anything. Finally I had had enough and decided it was time for his dream to come to an end and me to start having one myself. So, I put my hand down to wake him up and he sniffed my hand and was wide awake. So, I petted him down the back and realized that he was STUCK under Dale's bed and couldn't get out. I guess he moved (probably dreaming!) and scooted under the bed and when he flipped off his side got wedged in. So, we had to get up, pick up the bed, and save his hide- IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! But he was so grateful...he was wagging his tail like crazy...like we had really saved his life. It was cute-even with the bad timing. But Jake had so much fun running free and jumping in the lake whenever he wanted this weekend. He was so tired when we got home Sunday night that he didn't even go outside, or eat, or drink. He just slept for about 24 hours straight!!
Saturday, I had a big digi-crop over in Roswell, so I got up and headed to that. We had classes throughout the day. This was a canvas class taught by our designer expert.

It was a lot of fun seeing some really cute ideas for Christmas.
I even learned how to make the tiles that I have seen-super cute and so easy and inexpensive!! 
I made some recently for my cousin's triplets first birthday. I made each boy a set of 5 blocks (and the big brother too). I thought they turned out super cute!! Here is a sample:

It was a lot of fun seeing some really cute ideas for Christmas.
I even learned how to make the tiles that I have seen-super cute and so easy and inexpensive!! 
I made some recently for my cousin's triplets first birthday. I made each boy a set of 5 blocks (and the big brother too). I thought they turned out super cute!! Here is a sample:And Mom even showed up with her 2 boxes of photos to be scanned. So, I scanned all of Brian and Brandon's photos from their birth up to present. We are slowly working our way through her boxes of photos and storing them safely online and on a flash drive/CD.
While I was having a lot of fun at the digi-crop, I knew I needed to head back to the lake. We had invited some friends from church up to join in the fun and I knew they would be getting there about the same time as me. So, I headed back to the lake. Just as I was getting close, I saw a dark cloud overhead and prayed that it wouldn't rain us out. It actually was starting to rain as I pulled up, but it was just sprinkling.
Jay and Frances and their kids got their first. We headed down to the dock to swim and then Chelle and her sister and Montana (their Great Dane) showed up. It took a few minutes for Montana and Jake to remember that they liked each other before. Montana wasn't at all sure about Jake, but they worked through it thankfully. Then Shad and Mary and their kids showed up. Just as they got down to the dock, it started thundering. But we watched the storm and when it got too close, everyone got out of the water. 


We headed up toward the house and took the time to play horseshoes, have a water balloon fight, relax on the hammock, catch frogs (there are TONS of these up there) and just visit with each other. 





Luckily the storm passed without very quickly and without rain. So, we started riding the waverunner and taking kids for rides. It was so fun to hear the girls scream as Dale took off and watch their faces light up with excitement. The adults just relaxed on the water for the most part. Chelle and her sister Jen and Montana worked on getting him in the water. He wore Jake's life vest...just in case. And he swam for the first time!! Yeah Montana!!
We grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs. Everyone had brought some food and we had quite a spread of delicious stuff!!!
We all ate and then headed back to swim some more...and tube....and play. Chelle ended up taking the kids for rides on the waverunner and it is reported that she is a crazy driver!! But the kids loved it. It was the first time that Jennifer had ever been thrown off the waverunner...but she enjoyed every minute just like the others! :)







Notice in this picture how little Jake appears when he is next to Montana. Unbelievable!! I never think of Jake as little anymore...


And this cracked me up...how Montana would "sit" in their laps. He just backs his bootie up and sits on their legs. Here is a group shot:
Everyone had a great time and darkness came way too soon!!
We were so glad that everyone was able to make it at the last minute!! Maybe God knew we all needed some fun and fellowship. :)
Dale had invited a coworker and his family to join us up there on Sunday, but he ended up not coming. So, we just hung out all day in the lake and on the dock. I was finally able to try out my new chair...that I absolutely LOVE!!! It has a hole on the head part where it is made kinda like a massage table so that you can read while you tan. And it even has arm holes for you to hold your book or magazine. I am LOVING it!!! I even got a little reading time in too. Dale took each of the kids and myself out for long rides on the waverunner where we all explored different areas of the lake. Donnie was there to watch the kids so we took off and headed to where Dad used to have a lake house ON the lake. Like, literally the house was on the water. It was really neat to ride over there and try to find his old house. We had some great memories there as well. But we got hot and jumped in the water several times-which was pretty cool. We swam in front of some really cool nice houses and just enjoyed being with each other. It was kinda like a date!! :)
And Jake enjoyed the water. We had brought a new toy for him that floats...and squeaks. It looks like a duck and he would jump off the float and go get it and bring it back.
| Look at those powerful swimming paws!! |
He also FINALLY figured out how to get out of the water all by himself. He would swim around Dad's boat and go to the shore all by himself. YEAH!!
I really enjoyed the relaxing time on Sunday and was sooo glad we didn't start school on Monday like originally planned.
We had a great time at the lake this summer, but especially this weekend. Thanks Dad and Sarah for letting us use the place!!

1 comment:
Your little lake place is great...and we so appreciate you inviting us to spend the day there...we had a ball!
Post a Comment