Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Last days at the lake

I am going to miss this view SOO much!
Sadly, our time at Dad's lake house has come to an end.  We have had MANY great times there over the last few years.  When I heard that Dad and Sarah had sold the house, I was happy for them...that they were able to sell it so quickly and that they got the price they wanted and that they wouldn't have the upkeep of the place anymore and that it was getting to be a very dangerous place for Dad to be...but I was so sad for us knowing that our days at the lake were coming to an end.  I was even sad for Jake knowing that he loves the lake and I can't imagine that he will get much time there any more.

So, every pretty day we had and every chance I got, I went up there and just relaxed on the dock and swam and hung out.  I took Jake with me as much as I could so that he too could enjoy his last chances up there.  It is so peaceful up there during the week. Everyone is at school or work and you will only see a boat go by every now and then.








Jake always wants to get in...especially if we are in, but he is scared to jump in by himself.  This is him trying to talk himself into jumping in.

In case those videos don't work, you can try scanning these with a QR reader on your phone:


I know its the right thing to sell the place, and the new owners are very nice.  But, we will miss the place terribly. Thanks for the many good times and happy memories made there!

No comments: