This last weekend between baseball games and soccer games, Dale & I were able to spend some time with our siblings. My sister lives in New York and is getting married in May, so we had a wedding shower for her. Technically, she is my half-sister, so it was nice to get to spend some time with her and see her Mom's side of the family that I haven't seen in about 20 years. Everyone was great and "played" nicely and everyone had a great time. Sometimes that is very hard when you have ex-in law-s together but all went very well.
While Jennifer and I were at the shower, Dale and Justin went to spend some time with his brother, Doug. We found out 2 years ago this month that Doug had a brain tumor. They performed surgery and removed as much as they could. He did very well the first year. Then about a year after surgery, he started having seizures again. The tumor had grown back and was even bigger. They performed surgery again but told him they wouldn't do it anymore. Last month, he started having seizures again and has elected to not go through chemo or radiation anymore. We got him on hospice last week and have come to realize that he doesn't have much more time on this earth. Naturally, we are spending as much time with him as we can now. Please keep Doug and his family in your prayers through this difficult time. He is 43 years old and ready to go to heaven, but it is hard on the family.
And lastly, here are a couple of pics of the kids from their games last weekend. Justin's hit resulted in a blast and earned him a double. Go Justin!! And Jennifer's team won their game with all the girls playing hard.
1 comment:
I remember Denna....did I know that you two were related?? I don't think I did. It's a small world!
We are praying for Dale's brother and the entire family. So sorry.
Post a Comment