Friday, March 13, 2009

She left without me..

For the first time, one of my kids have gone on a trip without me. OR Dale ..or even Justin for that matter. Jennifer is on her way to Gatlinburg, Tennessee with her youth group from church. I am SURE that she will have a good time. I am SURE that she will be fine. But it is just still kinda hard. I totally trust the group of adults that she is with and they all know how to reach me in an emergency and I even like the group of girls that she is with..now the boys I am not so sure about yet. :) She has several close friends with her and she will be fine. But, what am I to do all weekend?? I tried REALLY hard not to cry because she didn't want me to embarrass her, and I did really good until I saw her friend with tears in her eyes and her mom crying. That did it! I can't help but cry when I see someone else crying. I don't know why God made me that way, but he did. Sometimes I wished I didn't feel everyone' s pain, but what can I do about it....but cry?!?
Anyway, please pray for Jennifer and her youth group to have a great SAFE weekend. And please pray for me too. Thanks!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Are you sure that you trust the adults? That main guy seems pretty iffy to me? LOL! She will have a blast...I'll pray for you.

Cindy J said...

Well, I was a little worried about him, but I knew you would be reading this. HA! LOL!! I know she will have fun. Thanks for praying. And for sharing your husband while he is investing in the lives of our precious children! I know being the wife of a youth minister is not the easiest job in the world. Maybe I should be praying for you instead. ;)

Pretty Pink World said...

I will be doing the same thing one day when Alanna takes that "leap" without Mommy by her side. And, you are not alone....I cry almost every time I see someone else cry. I feel their pain as well...Josh just looks at me knowing it is about to happen, and it does. ;) (Oh,I found your blog when I realized you had one from your comment post on mine...I love reading everyone's blogs!)

Cindy J said...

Meredith,
Thanks for crying along with me. :) I am glad you had a chance to read my blog. I have enjoyed yours too-you are doing such a good job at keeping up with it regularly since you started. That is my biggest struggle. It's hard watching them grow up sometimes, isn't it? Well, at least we will have these blogs to look at one day when we have no little ones at home. But I don't want to think about that. :(