It dawned on me in my last post that I had not posted about Bill's fall. I know most of you know all about it, but this is our "scrapbook" so I needed to put it in here. At the end of March, I received a call from Bill saying that he had broken his foot and was on the way to the hospital. He had gotten a new cell phone and couldn't think of Mom's number during the crisis. I called Mom at church and she headed to the hospital.
As it turns out, Bill had been cutting some limbs off of a tree at their house and was on the very last one. He had tied the ladder to the tree but when he reached for that last branch, it turned on him. He held on as long as he could and threw the RUNNING chainsaw in his hand out as far as he could. He ended up falling about 10 feet and we think he landed on the root of the tree with the damage that was done. He had crushed his foot, broken several bones in his foot and ankle. He ended up having emergency surgery the next day because the bone was not connected anymore and was floating around and putting pressure on his heel and killing the skin. So, he had surgery and had 4 screws put in his foot. He was told he had to stay completely off his foot completely for 3 months at a minimum. He got to come home from the hospital after a few days and has basically been in the recliner since then for the most part. Since I am so behind in blogging, he is now able to get up and around. But he has had quite a nice setup with the recliner and his TV and the laptop and anything else he may need. However, Mom will get him set for the day and then head out to wherever she needs to go that day. He has done really well with obeying the doctor and hasn't gone stir crazy like we were afraid he would. Keep healing Papa Bill!!! We love you! Thank you Lord that it wasn't near as bad as it could have been!!
No comments:
Post a Comment