For the first time ever this year, we had a soccer game on Mother's Day. I wasn't too happy about this but we made lemonade out of lemons. We started the day at church, where Jennifer gave out roses to all the Moms. It was so sweet to see her helping out with such a sweet gesture of the church. After church, we went to Justin's soccer game. Before the game started, I saw all the boys on Justin's team start jogging over to the Mom's on the side. Coach Dave had snuck them each a rose to give to their Mom's so they were running over to give them to us. It was such a sweet thought!! I got a rose and a kiss and then they were back to the field. Then , the next thing I knew both teams were lined up walking in straight lines. They marched down the midfield line then sharply turned and went their separate ways before heading to the sidelines. On the ref's cue they all shouted "Happy Mother's Day!!" It was very sweet if I do say so myself.
For my Mom for Mother's Day, we gave her a "day of plays" on the following Saturday. Jennifer and I met her and went to CFT's alpha production of the Jungle Book. Then we went to an early dinner at Cherokee Cattle Company (one of our most favorite restaurants). Then we headed downtown to the FOX theater for "Mary Poppins" . This was Jennifer's first time at the FOX and she was thoroughly impressed. We had gotten a groupon deal so I was worried that we might not have good seats but they were really good seats. The musical was fantastic!! And all 3 girls had a great day together!!

Then on Sunday (the Sunday after Mother's day) we all went to Mom's for lunch and the day after church. We had a great time just hanging out all together with family. Bill was finally able to get up out of his chair and join us at the table with his walker so it was nice to see him up and around again. He is eager to have his foot healed and back to normal again. Regardless, we had some good "Mother's Day" with the absolute best mother anywhere!! I love you MOM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment