Friday, June 25, 2010

Playing catch up/Band concert

It always happens that the end of school and the beginning of Summer are super busy for us and this year was no exception. Please forgive me for a long lapse in my blogging. I think about it quite frequently but don't seem to have the time to sit and do it. Well we don't have too much going on today so I am going to attempt to get some done. I don't know if they will be in any good order but I will just have to deal with it.

Toward the end of school, Jennifer's band had their Spring band concert. Mimi was able to come to her first ever band concert. She was amazed at how good the kid's were but while they are warming up, they sound really bad because everyone is playing whatever they want at the same time as everyone else. For a moment, she was worried that she would have to listen to that for an hour. Then she jumped when they finally started -all at the same time on the right note. It was quite funny. These 7th graders are really talented and the band teachers are looking forward to what they will do next year. They are already planning a trip or two. The choices are Washington, DC , Orlando, Ohio and possibly some colleges.

Jennifer also participated in band camp this summer again. She always enjoys that and it is a great idea to raise funds instead of doing a fundraiser during the school year.

No comments: