Last week, I was informed that Jennifer Hudson was coming to town and would be at the Kennesaw Weight Watchers meeting that I normally go to. I have to be honest and tell you that I really didn't know who she was, except that she was the Weight Watcher spokesperson. I had been told that she was on American Idol, but I have never seen more than 10 minutes of that show, so that didn't help me a whole lot. But everyone else seemed to be impressed that a "Star" was coming to town.
I ended up being able to go meet her that afternoon. We waited in line for almost an hour, but at least it was a pretty day (still cold, but nicer in the sun) and had lots of excitement in the line and I met a new friend who was in line with me. We all had our books (which I bought so I could find out who she was!) and she signed them and spoke to each of us. She is very pretty and looked great!! And she seemed to be very sweet. From looking at the pictures in the book, she doesn't even look like the same person!!
Right after the session with Jennifer, there was an actual meeting with Liz, who is Jennifer's WW leader and helped her lose all the weight. She is (apperently!) on Dr. Oz frequently and I stayed to hear what she had to say. She is full of energy and lots of inspiration. And I DID know who Dr. OZ was!!
I have now finished reading her book and know all about her-well at least what she wanted me (and anyone else!) to know about her. She was painfully honest throughout the book about her struggles, and it was very inspirational as well. Now, lets see if I can do anything with all this inspiration!!

No comments:
Post a Comment