Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jennifer's photo shoot

Earlier this week, a photographer friend of mine asked for a teenage volunteer to do a photoshoot with her in downtown Atlanta.  I thought Jennifer would enjoy it, so I volunteered her.  The weather that day was really yucky - cold and rainy (more drizzle). But we went on down to the location (Krog St bridge) in a really bad section of Atlanta.  It was a little scary at times, but we were there with Jessica (the photographer) and her intern and a friend and 3 other photographers.  Jennifer was the only model for them, but they took some of each other too.  I kept thinking that "there is safety in numbers, right??"



While it was not the place I would hang out, it definitely had a lot of character and was a neat place to do a photo shoot.  Jessica wasn't super happy with the shots but these above were some that she shared. 


Now these below are the ones that I got with my cell phone camera. I was just trying to get the "mood" and set the "stage" for you. :) These were 2 other photographers shooting Jennifer. As you can see, we are actually in a tunnel and cars are going through there the whole time.  There was graffiti ALL over the walls everywhere you could see.  But the good news is that we only saw one curse word the whole time.


I thought this one was neat as it had a bible verse in the "S"  There were actually a bunch that pointed people toward our Lord.




Toward the end of the afternoon, some guys showed up and started shooting a video. It was interesting to watch and one of the photographers got this shot that turned out kinda cool...


It was cold, so Jennifer would put her jacket on in between shoots. She could see her breath when she would breathe and the weather was NOT the best thing for her hair, but it was still an experience I doubt we will ever forget! Thanks Jessica and Jennifer!!

No comments: