Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Birthdays

We have so many birthdays in April starting with my Mom's. Then a week later, we have my Dad's Birthday. Dale's Mom is a week or so after Dad's and then my grandfathers is 2 days before mine. Then me and my cousin have the same birthday-one year apart. We have plenty of things and people to celebrate in April!!

On Mom's birthday, we had Mimi over and gave her her gifts and we all "sang" Happy Birthday the way she normally sings it to everyone else--as high and screechy as she can get. She has vowed to never do that again to anyone else now that she has had a taste of her own medicine. And by the way, she likes to sing it in public places as well. Maybe we have cured her of that. :)

On Dad's birthday, we were out of town for his party but it sounded like he had a great time. I called and wished him a Happy birthday and it appeared the party was going good.

On Papa's Birthday, I surprised him by bringing Jake to the nursing home for him to meet Papa for the first time. I couldn't have pleased him more if I had bought him a new car. He was thrilled to see us( I think Jake more than me, truth be told) and thankfully Jake did well too. I wasn't anticipating being able to take him in the nursing home-he is not a trained therapy dog,just a big WILD puppy. He weighs 60+ pounds now but is still a puppy inside. I was going to have PaPa drive his wheelchair outside but the nurse told me to bring him in. It made Papa's day!!

I celebrated my birthday last week and had a wonderful day. For starters, EVERYBODY remembered my birthday(well for the most part). Every year, I hold out to see when my Dad will remember my birthday. For whatever reason, he forgets my birthday more than he remembers it. In his defense, the rest of the family have EASY to remember birthdays and mine is well....not. But still, I am his daughter and you would expect that he would remember me. But sometimes I get really nice gifts when it takes him a long time to remember it, so I don't remind him. I figure no one should have to remind you of your own daughters birthday so I discourage everyone else from reminding him. This year, he called bright and early and sang Happy Birthday and stopped on his way to work to give me my card and gift. I received voice mails from friends and even my brother, Brian. I received text messages from relatives, emails from many people, calls from several friends and family, and tons of Facebook friends wished me a Happy Birthday as well. I could really feel the love.

Now, I knew that it was going to be a busy day and there wasn't going to be much time for celebrating. I had a meeting that morning at work and then met Mom and Dale for lunch at California Dreaming. The food was delicious and then company wonderful too. However, Justin called with a stomach ache from school so Dale had to leave before the ice cream showed up. Oh well, it was split 2 ways instead of 3-sorry Honey! Then that evening, Justin had a baseball game and Jennifer had soccer practice. Justin told me he would hit me a home run for my Birthday. That didn't happen, but Mom said he was swinging hard. Jennifer and I went to Wendys' and got a Frosty after practice and then came home. She wanted to know if she could ride her bike to get my present. I was surprised, shocked, and said "No Way". I finally agreed to walk Jake with her to the area where she wanted to pick me some wild flowers. It was very sweet and they were very pretty. Right when she was finishing, the boys showed up in our new truck and me and Jennifer and Jake hopped in the back for the ride home. It was good to know that I am not to old to jump in the back of the truck and enjoy the wind in my hair.

Well, the boys had been all over the place trying to get my present-the only thing I wanted. They were finally told they would have to order it online. You see, several years back, I got a towel warmer for our bathroom and I LOVE it!!! I love having a warm towel in the winter and the summer it helps keep them from getting musty. But a few months ago, mine broke. So, I wanted Dale to either fix it or get me a new one(Yes, I know I am spoiled!). After looking online at the prices, it looks like he may be fixing the old one or we may wait until Winter when they come back to the stores for a reasonable price. It is one of the little luxuries that I actually miss from home when we travel-that's how much I love it!

All in all, I had a great birthday and we made it through one of our busiest months of the year-now its on for the next busiest-May!

No comments: