
Jennifer's school had their Spring band Concert last week and they did an excellent job. They have come SO far in eight months, especially considering that most of these kids could not play an instrument or read music eight months ago. They sounded awesome. I wished I had videotaped it now. Their 6th grade band is huge. They have to have two classes and 2 concerts to get them all. They are really pleased with this group of kids and they are already doing things and music that normally happens in the 7th grade. High hopes for these kids. They normally play 4 songs but they blew right through those so they added 4 more songs. I really was impressed!!

Ohh and then on another totally unrelated note, Justin built a bird house last year with Papa. They painted it and he hung it in the back yard. We did not expect birds to go in there since we were told that if you painted it, they wouldn't use it. Well, times are tough and birds and people can't be too picky these days. So, we have a momma and daddy bird who chose Justin's birdhouse as their new pad. Justin saw the momma bird in there last week and was sure he heard her grunting and laying eggs. He was chanting "push momma...push!" It was so funny.
But he can't seem to leave them alone. He is always checking on them. So, Jennifer goes out there last week and I asked her to just peek in and see if they are still there. She did and screamed and jumped back. They must have scared her as much as she scared them. I asked her what it was that scared her and she told me that it was a "BLAZING FURY OF FEATHERS". I would never think to say something like that. She is so dramatic it cracks me up sometimes. Anyway, it seems that the birds have hatched and when frightened they are a "BLAZING FURY OF FEATHERS"! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment