
Justin's highlights:
- The first day of school, he came home with a huge bandaid on his knee from playing soccer with his friends at recess. First trip to the clinic already, with 4 bleeding scratches. When I asked him if he cried and wanted his mama, he just rolled his eyes and looked at me and smiled that cute smile and said "Moomm".
- Justin has 3 teachers this year with only 24 students in his class. One main teacher, one assistant teacher (who taught Jennifer in 5th grade) and a student teacher until November. I have to love those ratios!! The first day Justin found out that his student teacher was pregnant. He was so excited to share that news with me.
- Justin made a new friend-yeah!!! I can't remember his name right now, but he is from California. He was eager to tell me all about him.
- I told Justin that I wanted to know everything he did, and he really did a pretty good job at reporting back everything as I requested.
- Later in the week, Justin found out that his school counselor(who has been with these kids since kindergarten) is pregnant also. Another exciting announcement!
- A big deal in our house is that the bus comes 15 whole minutes later in the morning. That 15 minutes makes a world of difference. It is so much easier to get up at 6:30 than 6 or 6:15.
- And lastly, it seems that his teacher doesn't give much homework unless you don't do your work in class. I have to admit that I like this part too.
- She has some really nice teachers. Several of them stated that it would be mostly class work, rather than a lot of homework.
- She got all accelerated classes. Last year, they were all accelerated except one, but she was very excited to see that she is now in all accelerated classes. I hope the excitement continues!!
- Jennifer got her BIG locker. Everyone looks forward to 7th grade for this main reason!! In 6th, you get 1/2 lockers. This year, you get a full size locker that she could stand in. Not that anyone better be putting anyone else in a locker, I'm just saying..
- She is in band with Deanna this year. She is still enjoying the clarinet and looking forward to voting on the field trip the band will go on. She can't decide which would be better-Washington D.C. or Disney World. She has never been to Washington but they don't have roller coasters-what a dilemma!
Here's to hoping that this school year will be great for both kids!!
2 comments:
Tell Jennifer I think she should go to Disney World...for what it's worth ;)
Thanks Mary. I will let her know your vote. :)
Post a Comment