Dale's cousin Larry is so very talented. He is a little older than Dale, and is an excellent writer, artist, and very talented. He always sends us something special on our birthdays. He creates his own cards, which we always look forward to. A few days ago, we received a box from him and we always get so excited when we see it is from him. He lives in Arizona and has never even met the kids, but they know him from the gifts that he sends. This box was for Dale's birthday and he went ahead and put Justin's in too. Here is what they got:
There are a couple that the kids keep in their rooms, if they were made especially for them. But here are some close-ups of his work. I can't even IMAGINE how many hours go into making just one of these. I know I could NEVER do it.
Here are the dragons we just received:
This is a viking ship that I believe he made for Dale last year on his birthday



This one was for me-an owl!! How cute is that! And you might notice that he had to use typed paper for the body. Love the glasses!
Here is a dog for Justin:
And a squirrel for Jennifer
Another squirrel we received

Have you ever seen such talented origami?? And to think he ships these through the US Postal service from Arizona!!
We also keep every card he sends us, because those are a work of art in themselves. There is no way I could put all the cards we have received on here though. I am planning on using my new Heritage Makers and making him a nice Thank you card using these pictures. That will make him very happy since I don't think he has pictures of them.
And sometimes, he surprises us with other works of art as well. One year, for Jennifer's birthday, he sent her this:
I guess you call this charcoal painting, maybe?? It looks like it is nothing but a pencil, but it is just amazing. And one year he took our Christmas card picture, and drew this:
How cool is that??!!? He wasn't really too happy with the way it turned out, but I thought he did an awesome job. Especially for just starting with humans. I can't draw a stick figure pretty!
Thank you so much Larry for always remembering us with your special creations. God has truly blessed you with an amazing talent that you use for God's glory. Please remember Larry in your prayers as he is recovering from hip replacement surgery and in a difficult situation. God Bless you Larry!
This one was for me-an owl!! How cute is that! And you might notice that he had to use typed paper for the body. Love the glasses!
Here is a dog for Justin:
Have you ever seen such talented origami?? And to think he ships these through the US Postal service from Arizona!!
We also keep every card he sends us, because those are a work of art in themselves. There is no way I could put all the cards we have received on here though. I am planning on using my new Heritage Makers and making him a nice Thank you card using these pictures. That will make him very happy since I don't think he has pictures of them.
And sometimes, he surprises us with other works of art as well. One year, for Jennifer's birthday, he sent her this:

I guess you call this charcoal painting, maybe?? It looks like it is nothing but a pencil, but it is just amazing. And one year he took our Christmas card picture, and drew this:

How cool is that??!!? He wasn't really too happy with the way it turned out, but I thought he did an awesome job. Especially for just starting with humans. I can't draw a stick figure pretty!
Thank you so much Larry for always remembering us with your special creations. God has truly blessed you with an amazing talent that you use for God's glory. Please remember Larry in your prayers as he is recovering from hip replacement surgery and in a difficult situation. God Bless you Larry!
3 comments:
WOW...I am SO impressed! Really...Wow.
Are those really folded papers???? AMAZING!!!
Yes these are really folded papers. I am glad others get to share in the WOW factor.
Post a Comment