Monday, November 23, 2009

Silver Ring Thing

Jennifer recently went with the Youth department to a nearby church that was hosting the Silver Ring Thing. What is it??

Silver Ring Thing promotes the message of abstinence until marriage centered in a relationship with Jesus Christ through two methods: a Live Event and a small group resource called Project 434 (formerly Get It On). Since 1995, SRT has hosted over 700 events in 8 countries, reaching over 400,000 total attendees. We welcome the opportunity to bring this program to your community and partner with you to impact students and parents with the truth of God's plan for purity.



They did an awesome job with a sensitive subject. Jennifer didn't know that I was there, but I was. She saw me at the very end. I am pleased that she made the decision to buy the ring and wear it as a reminder of her covenant with the Lord to remain pure until marriage. She is very strong willed in certain things and I pray that this is one of those areas where she makes up her mind and no one can change it.


The ride home had some interesting conversations between a mother and daughter. She is definitely maturing and it was a little odd discussing some of the things we were talking about, but I am thankful for Shad taking the Youth to this event where they addressed the situation and talked about the many consequences of not abstaining.


Here are the rings:

It has taken a while to get used to wearing a ring, but she has done really well. As always, I am very proud of her. Love ya Jennifer!!

No comments: