This post is a little behind, but better late than never. We had a great but quite Thanksgiving this year. The night before Thanksgiving, while we were eating dinner. I threw out a game for the family. After our prayer, we had to go around the table and say something we were thankful for. Jennifer quickly chimed in "Do you know how many times I have done this this week?" And I knew we had all done it several times. But this game was different in that we had to keep going around and you couldn't say something someone else had already said. And the first person who couldn't come up with something "new" that they were thankful for lost the game. They all took the challenge with excitement and the fun started. We mentioned the "popular" answers very quickly, including each other. About halfway through, we had to start being a little more creative and providing the names of things that most people take for granted, but when you are without them, you realize what a blessing they are. Some things like toilet paper, electricity, soft beds, pillows, indoor plumbing, books, clean water, and MANY other things were mentioned. We finished eating and never ran out of things to be thankful for. We even played a few minutes past dinner. We are so blessed!!! Thank you Lord for all of our blessings!! It was a great "game" an I am sure the Lord was tickled to hear some of the things that we were thankful for.
Then Thanksgiving morning, we went over to Mom & Bills house for our traditional dinner. Owen and Brandon were out of town this year, so it was kind of quite but we enjoyed our time with them and Brian and Deena. Mom makes the BEST dressing of anyone, and everything was delicious. We then headed over to my Dad and Sarah's house where it was really quite this year. We were the only ones there. Ashley and Ben missed their flight that morning. Brandon was in Florida. Brian and Deena were at Lindsey's house. And Kim & Charles were with his family this year as his Dad is not doing well healthwise. I think they were real disappointed that everyone didn't make it, but I kinda enjoyed the extra attention. We actually all ate at the table for the first time. Normally, there are so many people there that we are all spread out over everywhere. Sarah made some steaks that were really good and we had a great time together.
The next morning, I got up at 5:30 am to get out shopping. Both kids wanted me to wake them up so that they could go with me, but then I couldn't buy anything for them. I was home by the time they got up and very excited about what I had gotten that morning. I shopped online before I went, then went to Walmart, and then came home and shopped online some more. I am making a lot of gifts with Heritage Makers this Christmas, so I don't have nearly as much shopping as normal. Can't wait for them to get here!!
1 comment:
Jennife looks so pretty; and grown up. Congrats on her role in the play.
Post a Comment