I think I told you a while back that Jennifer was fortunate enough to get the lead role in the play "Christmas in Comfort". Well, the play was last weekend with 2 shows and they did a great job. This is Jennifer's first play with the Omega troupe of CFT. This is the older kids (ages 13-18). This was also the first play directed by Mrs. Jeanette. She did an a wonderful job with the kids and placed everyone in the right role. I was told a dozen times that she could not have picked a better "Mona Malone".Mona was Jennifer's character. She was a Hollywood movie star that is only interested in herself and her career. She is charged with backing over her ex-ex-ex husband and receives 200 hours of community service. She is sent to Comfort, Indiana to direct the small town's annual Christmas play. Through her time there, she realizes that she is not leading the life that the Lord would want her to. The whole cast and crew did an amazing job. They started working on this play at the beginning of October and it was amazing to see what they pulled off in 8 short weeks.
Jennifer memorized her lines really quickly. She was in every scene but one and had 102 lines to learn. She also had to learn to walk in 3 inch heels. This was harder than learning the lines, I think. But she did a SUPER SUPER job with it all. She was right on cue for every line and never missed a beat at either performance. She had the "attitude" down to a tee. :) She did a wonderful job on her solo. And she enjoyed every minute of it. I couldn't breathe good until it was all over, I was so nervous for her.
She had 29 friends and family able to come see her at the 3:00 performance. She was very excited to see all the support she got from everyone and her best friends (Courtney, Jordan, and Sarah) were all able to see her act for the first time. Well, in a play that is.. :)
At the evening performance, she had 6 family members. It was such a busy time and we appreciate everyone that was able to come out in support of our little "Star". She looked beautiful (and much older!!) with her hair straightened, makeup on, 3 inch heels and adult looking clothes. We think we will keep the makeup away from her for a while. :)
Jennifer, we are so proud of the job that you did with your character. You are our star and you let your light shine for Jesus. For that, we are really proud. You did an awesome job, as we knew you would. We are always proud of you, but that night, we were exceptionally proud.
2 comments:
she did a great job! I know you were so very proud of her!
Mary, thank you guys for coming. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat afterwards. It was crazy. But we really appreciate it-I know it was quite a drive for you guys!!
Post a Comment