We hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas! We have. I will have to catch up on the blogs over the next few days.
This morning the kids came running in our room at 7:30 am where we snuggled in bed and read the Christmas story out of the bible. Jennifer read it this year aloud, but she informed us that she had already read it last night before going to bed on her own. I am so proud of her for reading her bible and continuing to study God's word on her own. It makes a Momma proud. But, it was a great way to start
Jesus's birthday by snuggling with those I love and listening to the familiar story once again.
We always make the kids stay upstairs while we turn on lights and music and see if Santa came during the night. The anticipation is so exciting!

He did come, ate his cookies, drank his milk and left lots of goodies for the kids, and even the animals.









At the bottom of their stockings was a note from Santa that explained that one of the presents wouldn't fit down the fireplace so he left it in the garage:

I have to admit I have ALWAYS wanted a trampoline, so I was super excited when I found out we got one. The kids were too!


Jennifer and I had matching pajamas this year-Thanks Mimi!!
After we had breakfast, we opened our gifts from each other.
This is a HM book that I made for Jennifer from the birthday cruise we took with her friends.

Justin had a piece of bamboo and carved this out for his sister to make a flute.

Dale was surprised to find some Jamaican blue Mountain coffee!
Jake was laying on his gift waiting for his turn to open it.
Jake opened his own gifts-AND they weren't even food or bones. This was a squeaker toy that he opened by himself.
Patches joined in the fun too-waiting for his turn.
He got it open in no time!
This was in Jake's stocking and he took it straight in front of the tree and baby Jesus. I told Dale even the animals bow down to baby Jesus.
Jake had a wonderful time shredding the tissue and wrapping paper while we opened gifts.
Sam watched up open gifts by climbing in one of the empty bags. He looked so cute! We gave the cats some catnip stockings and they had a blast playing with them under the tree.
Then Nana and Dana came over to see what everyone got. They stayed a while then we went to Dad & Sarah's for our Christmas dinner. Everyone was there-all the kids and
grandkids-except Ashley. :( But we had a good time anyway. Here are some of the family shots by the tree. There weren't many gifts exchanged this year, but the kids all got money. And I made Sarah a calendar with
everyone's birthday and anniversary and pictures in it. And we got Dad a fishing
swiss army knife thing and another gift.









This is the picture we will show any boy that wants to take Jennifer out in the future. :) Looks scary, doesn't it? Its really just a BB gun. 
Sarah loved her 2010 calendar!
This afternoon, we came home and started watching movies. I actually fell asleep and took my first ever Christmas nap. We have NEVER been home on Christmas day (during the day) for me to do that. The kids ended up playing outside with a bunch of kids, and had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment