Thursday, December 17, 2009
Back to Bethlehem
Last week one of the local churches held their back to Bethlehem walk. Hopewell Baptist does a wonderful job of recreating that special time. We got there before it opened up so that we could see the Roman soldiers marching up to the walls. It was very cold, as usual. We didn't have to wait too long before we were in the city. We sampled fruits and lip moisturizer that they had made. We saw a neighbor in the house we walked through, working as one of the ladies that lived in the house. They go a little beyond some in that they don't' stop at the birth. They have Peter talking and telling stories and then have crucifixion and resurrection scene. Then its inside where you can thaw out with hot cocoa and cookies. I brought my camera but left it in the car so I have no pictures this year. I was just too cold to take pictures! But its an annual tradition that reminds us why we celebrate Christmas after all!! Thanks HBC!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment