Thursday, August 12, 2010

CERT-Step 2 Drill

At this month's CERT (Community Emergency Response Team), we had another Step 2 drill, like last month. 

Last month, I was a responder which is tough for many reasons. You walk into a situation with a lot of people yelling and scared and confused. You have all your CERT gear on, including helmet, mask, and eye goggles which are not exactly comfortable.  You are trying to remember everything you have been taught and to protect yourself and help as many people as possible.  They are "made up" to look like real victims. And even though you know it is not real, they are not really hurt, and that it is all makeup, your heart still starts beating really fast.  I wasn't able to get pictures last month since I was actively working the scene.

This month, I got to be a victim. I told you about my "injury" in the last post, but was able to get some pictures to add to the blog. So....keep in mind that it is all makeup....


Here are some other "injuries"



Here are the responders coming in to the scene:



These are some other pictures I came across from a meeting where we learned different ways to transport people:



For anyone who may be interested in this awesome class, here is the website:

http://ema.cobbcountyga.gov/cert.htm

It is open to anyone who lives or works in Cobb County and is a great preparation for everyone in the event of an emergency.

There is a new class starting next week at Piedmont Church. It is 2 nights a week for 7 classes 6-9 pm.  Please let me know if you are interested or need more information.

No comments: