Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It happens in a blink...

It happens in a flash....

It happens in the time you took to look back...


Lately, I have just been feeling a bit ....I am not sure what word I am looking for....maybe nostalgic...but reminded of the fact that life goes all to quickly.

Maybe it was school starting. Maybe it was the fact that I was trying to hold the tears back on the first day of school-not so much for my kids- but the neighborhood kindergartners that were getting on the bus that first day of school.  Or maybe I have just been reminded of the brevity of life. Then I came across this statement that I can't get out of my mind....

"There are a finite number of summers in each childhood""

Stop and think about that for a minute. For those of us with kids, its sobering and a vivid reminder to make the most of each day.  I don't have any regrets about this summer-we had a great summer FULL of fun times - but it is just another season winding down and they ARE numbered.  They will be grown before we know it.
Then I found this quote last night: You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.  

This makes me feel a little better about not working so much this summer but spending it with my kiddos and husband. I definitely could have worked a little more this summer, but it sets your priorities straight again.

Then right before school started, we dropped Justin off at church and one of my favorite ladies kindly reminded me that this would be the last time I would have to "check him in".  He would be promoted next week to the tween department. While he was very excited about this, I started tearing up while looking at my "pickup card". I realized that that was the last day that I would be carrying something to pick my child up at church.  You see, we have carried a beeper, sticker, card, or something for 13 1/2 years. And now - nothing.  They can both come and go at will.  Which is a good thing- but makes me wonder...where did the time go???

This is one of my newest favorite songs...  The song is titled Blink and is by revive.

Here are the lyrics:

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment
Before it slips away
Take in all the colors
Before they fade to grey


I don't want to miss
Even just a second
More of this
It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?




It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink


When it's all said and done
No one remembers
How far we have run
The only thing that matters
Is how we have loved


I don't want to miss
Even just a second
More of this


It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?


It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink


Slow down
Slow down
Before today becomes Our yesterday


Slow down
Slow down
Before today becomes Our yesterday


It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time


What is it I've done with my life?


It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?

It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink
It happens in a blink


I have been working on this video for about a week, but knew what I wanted and finally got it done. I will have to do Jennifer's later but couldn't hold back anymore. I tried a new program and had to work with itunes - which I HATE for the record! 
I hope you enjoy the video...I know I will!!! :)  You may need to change the resolution to 720 on the youtube playback.

1 comment:

Pretty Pink World said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. And...I already see how fast the time goes by. It is hard for me as well. I look at Alanna lately and see a little lady instead of a little girl. It breaks my heart. That song says it perfectly. So glad I did not see you tear up at the check in desk, or guess what...I would have been crying along with you. ;)