Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More snow pictures

 The second day the kids and I made a snowman. We had to break and remove the ice to get to the snow so he isn't as big as I hoped he would be. We had plenty of snow though. His arms are drum sticks, his nose is a peppermint stick and buttons for his other parts.


 We decided to see how the cats liked the snow.  This is Patches running toward the door.


 Sam is the more curious one. He was willing to investigate a little.

 As you can see, he didn't even break the ice when he walked.
 This is the second or third day. As you can see, it has melted a little bit but not much. We are still above 5 inches.
 This is on the chair on the back deck, so it wasn't accurate but I wanted to see how much was there-right at 8 inches!!
 These are some holes that Justin dug in the snow. They were there for about 4 more days after this. 

I wished I had gotten a picture of us shoveling snow, because we have NEVER had to do that. But, I was amazed at how many neighbors were shoveling their driveways the second day so I did too. Except I don't have a snow shovel ( after all I have lived my whole life in GA-who would need a snow shovel here?!?) so I found my feet easier. I cleared a path for the van to get out just in case we had an emergency and had to leave but I wasn't planning on going anywhere!!

Then we ended up having to shovel Jake a grassy place in the yard to do his business.  And the steps so he could go down to the yard.  When snow is everywhere, he wasn't sure where to "Go" and he didnt' like the ice too much as he would break it when he walked on it.  So, Dale and I cleared him a special area. He is one lucky dog!!
 Here are two of the puzzles that we worked on this week.
They were quite difficult, but we did them!! We actually got 3 puzzles done this week! And don't even ask me about the missing pieces. I have no idea where they are, but I would guess that the dog and/or cats had something to do with it.

No comments: