We have been in our house and married long enough that it seems we are at the point that a lot of things start breaking. It started with the washing machine several weeks ago. I did a blog about Dale fixing that and how proud I was. Then, next thing I know all of a sudden our oven won't come on. I was able to toast my bread that night in the toaster oven, but it definitely needed to be fixed. Of course, Dale had not ever done anything with stoves/ovens but he called his uncle (who told him what it probably was) and then got online and researched it. He got the part and fixed it that night in about 20 minutes after taking the thing apart. Again this time, it was about a $30 part. I'm sure just the trip charge alone would have been more than that alone.
And then, we have been having door issues. Our garage door has been giving us fits lately. We figured out how to MAKE it close but there was definitely still a problem. One day it was opening up and just slammed down. I was so thankful that nothing or no one was underneath it. Dale adjusted settings and in the process, the metal gear broke. So, he again got online and researched and found the parts and rebuilt the whole assembly. It still wasn't working right, so he decided we needed new springs. He found a guy who would replace the springs for $125. Since he couldn't buy the springs for much less than that, we had the guy come and replace the broken springs. It still wasn't working when he left, but they figured out what the problem was and Dale went back and adjusted something and it has been working perfectly for over a week now(and much quieter I might add!). Then there was the sliding door in our van. It started having problems about a month ago. Dale finally had a chance to "Fix" it and it has been working fine ever since. YEAHHHHHH!!
Dale has learned so much through these last couple of months and I am so tickled pink at the money he has probably saved us!! Maybe even enough to take a short cruise...maybe I should treat him to a weekend off...of course I will have to go along to make sure he has a good time. :) I would rather spend money on a cruise ANY DAY than repair bills.
No comments:
Post a Comment