
Justin and Blake at the synagogue.





This is Peter talking to us and telling us stories about how interesting his life has been since he met Jesus!
One of the things I especially like about this particular "Back to Bethlehem" is that they don't finish it with the birth of Jesus. They feature his birth and then his life ( a little) and then the Crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is awesome to watch it and watch the kids faces and the adult's too. It reminds us that the story didn't end with his birth. I have to admit though that the Jesus hanging on the cross last night had a hoodie under his crown of thorns. :) And Justin was quick to point out that Jesus didn't wear warm boots like the kind that the resurrected Jesus wore.
But they did a great job and I feel for them having to stand (or hang!) in that cold for 3 hours each night. Then the church serves hot chocolate and cookies to warm everyone up inside. We love going each year and hope you can find something similar to attend. If you live nearby, tomorrow night is their last night for this year. Another way that we try to keep Jesus the center of attention is by having Baby Jesus part of our celebrations in our house. This started years ago when Jennifer was probably 4 or 5 years old and we were decorating the house for Christmas. She ran upstairs and got a baby doll and dubbed him "Jesus" and wrapped him in a baby towel(swaddling clothes!)and laid him by the tree. Then that night the kids and I and baby Jesus went out to see the Christmas lights on the outside of the house for the first time. It was so neat to have Baby Jesus join us for such special moments. After that year, Papa Bill made a manger for Jesus to have a place to lay. Nothing fancy but a safe place to sleep. Now, every year Jesus makes his debut when we decorate for Christmas and gets to enjoy special moments throughout the season with us. I don't usually put many Christmas presents out (thanks to reading about too many burglaries at Christmas time!) until very close to Christmas so when you look at our tree, you will usually just see Baby Jesus laying in his manger with his swaddling clothes. But it reminds me that HE is the reason for the season!!
So, Baby Jesus has joined us again this year and the kids wanted to get some pictures with him.


Now obviously, it couldn't stop there. My dramatic daughter, Jennifer ran upstairs to get some towels so they could be Mary and Joseph. Then we were able to grab these pictures of the happy couple looking at their son.

I love having these moments with my kids. I love their creativity and the love they have for Jesus when they look into his eyes. And I love that he is nearby to get to enjoy some of his birthday celebrations. I love this time of year and I love Jesus. Happy Birthday Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment