Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving break

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to blog over the Thanksgiving break, but hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning very thankful for so many blessings that God has granted me. However, I was sick all day Wednesday and Thursday. Luckily, Dale and the kids were still able to join my family for lunch and dinner on Thanksgiving. It was certainly not my best Thanksgiving, but I was still counting my blessings. My Thanksgiving meal consisted of 5 goldfish crackers late in the day-not what I had planned!
On the day before Thanksgiving, I was in bed all day but could hear Justin playing in the hallway. Justin is my kid who loves to stay home and it is when he is playing like this that I love for him to be home. He worked really hard to make a putt-putt course. He set up a front desk where you paid for the putt-putt and then you got your ball and putter and headed to the course. You could choose men's tees or kid's tees. As soon as Dale got home that day, I heard him going to Justin's room where he proceeded to ask for $5 to play golf. By the end of the day, I think the price had dropped to 25 cents a hole and you could choose how many holes to play. Justin would change the course and tell you what par was for each hole. The "long Par 5" went from the top of the stairs to the family room. He used all kinds of items to make the course. And it had all kinds of obstacles like real putt-putt. It was really neat!He even had a tip jar!! He thought of everything.
Then the day after Thanksgiving, I was feeling better and we ALL went shopping for the Black Friday sales for the first time. Normally, I go all by myself and get up and out and home about the time everyone is waking up. Last year, the kids spent the night with Mom, so Dale went with me. This year, everyone wanted to go. We didn't get out too early (Around 9 am) but still got most everything I wanted. We enjoyed lunch out(it was good to eat again finally!) and then headed home. Justin headed straight to his room where he worked hard to find some things to sell and had his own after Thanksgiving sale in his room. Nana and Uncle Doug came over that afternoon, so we all got to go "shopping" again. When you entered his store, you received a coupon for one thing free and a security pass. Then when you purchased something, you received a paid stamp to show that you had paid for it. Again, thinking of everything. This is the sign he had on his door which could be flipped to show closed. It also served to tell everyone about the I-dog dance that happened right on schedule at 4:00 pm.
These are the items for sale in his store. When I told him I was shopping for my 9 year old son and asked him if he would like a particular item, he shrugged his shoulders and said "That's why I'm selling the stuff." That made us all laugh!! The next picture shows the dartboard where you could pay to play.I ended up spending 50 cents, I believe by buying a small toy and getting some of Justin's artwork for free. Nana spent $2.00 on some really pretty rocks. I can't remember what Daddy bought, but he never used his free coupon. So, later in the day Justin exclaimed that he was having a clearance sale and wanted people to come back and shop. I was out of money from all my shopping that day, but enjoyed his store and the sales that it had. I LOVE when my kids can just be kids and play like this. But then again, I just LOVE my kids!!

No comments: