Monday, December 29, 2008

Miscellaneous Puppy Pictures

Here is a picture of Dale and the animals that make up our zoo. Everyone is enjoying a nap, with Jake in Daddy's arms, Sam on the couch near them and Patches on the top of the couch. Life is good, especially when all the animals are asleep. :)
Isn't Jake the cutest little puppy?? He has had a bath every Saturday and still has the puppy smell to him. We went to Petsmart Saturday and they were having adoptions. For the first time ever, I was not nervous about seeing the puppies because I knew the kids wouldn't be asking for a puppy. And I have to admit, there were not any there that was as cute as ours.
Housebreaking is going well. We haven't had many accidents at all lately. None yesterday. However, Jake apparently ate something outside that he shouldn't have and we had to take him to the Emergency Hospital last night after he threw up 5 times. He lost over a pound yesterday-wow! They gave him an anti nausea shot, tested him for Parvo (negative-thank God!!) and gave him a camel size hump of fluids under his skin so that he could rest his gut. Thankfully, he is doing much better today and was able to drink water and eat some baby food today. Hopefully, we will be back to dog food tomorrow.
This is the bed his Mimi bought for him. He really likes it! He has gained 5 lbs in the past two weeks and is growing so fast. I hope the bed fits for a while as he is already outgrowing his crate.
Here, Dale is working/playing on the computer and Jake is "hanging out" with him.

The new goals for the immediate future are learning to walk on the leash(WITHOUT throwing himself around like he is being killed!) and going downstairs. He has learned to go up stairs very carefully but will NOT go down a step to save his life. Even with treats on the next step and Mom sitting right there. Even when I pull his two front paws down, give him a treat and try to get him to bring his back legs down. No way! He goes back up. But we will keep trying. Each day he is learning things, so we'll keep trying.


1 comment:

Mary said...

OK....So I am NOT an animal person....but that is the cutest little puppy I've ever seen!