We are really enjoying having Jake with us. We got his papers in the mail today and if they are correct, he is actually a week younger than we thought he was. So, he is now 7 1/2 weeks old and weighs 10 lbs 3 oz. Seems healthy except for an unknown bump on the head where he has gotten a little infection. Not sure if it was cat inflicted or not! With no claws, I am not sure how that would happen, but we really don't know. I wanted to post some new pictures of him. He is the cutest!
He still sleeps a lot and enjoys snuggling with his family.
I bought him some reindeer antlers and he is wearing them, but Jennifer took the picture and you can't really tell. I know he will kill me one day, but I couldn't resist.
His first bath. Another embarrassing picture for when he gets older, but we had to do this one too. He wasn't too sure about this bath stuff but he will learn to love the water. And we won't be able to wash him in the sink for long.
Like a child, he is at his cutest when he is asleep. This is how he was sleeping when I snapped this picture. His favorite sleeping spots are on this rug, on his bed, in his crate, and by his food bowls near the cat's room.
This is where he can sleep when someone is there with him. He actually had another bath today and we had him wrapped in a towel laying with Justin. He fell asleep and Justin went to the computer and when he woke up, he fell off the recliner onto the floor. Oops!
Our family likes chocolate kisses, but since he can't have chocolate, we got him this big Hersheys kiss toy. He loves it. Really, he loves all his toys and plays with all of them.
Well, I tried to get this on him but he just kept wanting to eat the hat. I was able to get the scarf on for a little bit though.
We are crate training him and he is doing really well. The first two nights were rough with him crying and yelping off and on all night, but since then he has done wonderful. I take him out around midnight and Dale gets up to take him out around 3 am, then we get up again around 7 am. He hasn't cried or whined 1 time in several nights and hasn't had an "Accident" the last 3 nights. I'm sure it will get better each week. This mat he is sleeping on is one from the kids crib. I cut it in half and it fit perfect. Jennifer told me I needed to get something a little more masculine for him to sleep on, but he is just a baby now, so he gets baby things. When we are not here, he goes in the crate. However, I love to see him go in the crate on his own during the day and sleep in there. That always makes me feel better. This is one of those times. You can see the gate is open.We are still working on the housebreaking and for now, he is confined to the kitchen floor unless he is in someone's hands. His favorite thing to play with outside are leaves. He has met most of the neighbors and has started learning a few commands (sit, stay, and fetch). He seems to be pretty smart and oh so cute. He loves tennis balls and he gets hiccups frequently. His whole little body shakes. I don't really want him to grow so fast, but I do want him to be housebroken and not so "chewy" but we are working on those things.
1 comment:
I think a baby from China would be easier :)
Post a Comment