Happy Birthday Jesus!! We told the kids that they needed to stay in bed until 7:00 am. This has never been a problem in the past as usually they have never woken up early. Last year, I think we had to wake them up around 8 or so. Anyway, for whatever reason(yeah, right!), Justin came running into our room at 7:01. It was still dark, so I had him get in our bed for a few minutes of cuddle time. Finally, he was able to go wake Jennifer up and we got up and going. Santa had come and left the kids plenty of goodies. Even Jake and Patches and Sam got a lot of goodies in their stockings. The cats got a laser mouse that Sam tries to "catch". It is funny to watch him. If you have a couple of minutes, here is the video of Christmas morning.
Then after we had breakfast, Lorine and Doug came over for a while to see what the kids got and ate some breakfast with us. Before they got here though, I got my BIG present from Dale. In order to find it, I had to go on a scavenger hunt (Thanks, Mom!) and do goofy things. But in the end, I got my reward..a new digital camera..the one I had been wanting for a long time! Thanks honey!! After they left, we spent some time as a family exchanging gifts that we had gotten each other. It is always so sweet to see what they buy us that we don't know about-either at school or with their Awana money. They are so precious during this time, freely giving hugs and thank yous. One of Justin's big gifts this year was Jake so he got a picture book with a bunch of Jake's photos in it. Both kids got Nintendo DS's this year for the first time. That was exciting!
Since getting my new camera, I have had a lot of fun playing with it. However, I have not learned how to get the pictures downloaded yet. I am praying that it is easy, because that is my biggest deterrent to blogging. I will try to work on it some tomorrow so I won't leave you guys hanging about the rest of Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment