


Today, I had a VERY exciting thing happen!!! I met Beth Moore and actually got to hang out with her for a few minutes!! I can't tell you how excited I was...and nervous!
I went to Justin's class this morning for a "personal safety class". I always go to these so that I know what the kids have heard and we can discuss the things that they go over. The lady that teaches these classes is absolutely AWESOME with the kids. She takes an embarrassing, sensitive subject and adds just the right amount of humor. She really knows how to get their attention. I even enjoy watching her as she is such a master of grabbing their attention. I knew that that ended at 11:50 and I also knew that Beth was going to be at a local book store from 11-1. So, I really figured that the line would be so long that I wouldn't be able to get there and see her.
So, when I left school, I called the bookstore to verify that she was there and to ask how long the line was and if it was worth the drive over there. The lady that answered the phone told me that she was there and the line was short. I started driving very quickly over that way. It did dawn on me that it would not be good if I got a speeding ticket on the way to see Beth-but she would probably think it very funny.
For whatever reason, the radio station had been advertising that Beth would be here signing her new book all week, but they only were mentioning the one that was for later this afternoon in Peachtree City. They never said anything about the one in Marietta!! So, I got there with my new book that I bought at Costco (So long, Insecurity.....you've been a bad friend to us) and ran into the book store and jumped in the line where there was ONE (yes, ONE!!) person in front of me. The lady keeping the line asked me if I bought the book there and I told her no. She informed me that I had to buy the book there for her to sign it. UGH!!! I went and bought a book and ran back to the line in case all the masses were heading in there any moment. This time there was no one in line. I went up to her and she hugged me and thanked me for coming out. I told her that not many people knew about this one, but that she would be swamped this afternoon. She found that very interesting and we discussed that for a little bit. I told her that I followed her blog, which was why I knew about the book signing in Marietta. We talked about that for a short time. I also told her that I would like to make a memory book for her of her dogs that passed away, because I know how much she loved them and misses them. She really appreciated that and I gave her my card so that she could email me some pictures of them. I don't know if I will get them or not , but I would LOVE to be able to do something for her. She has done SOO much for so many and I would love to be able to give something back to her. She has led me in more bible studies and brought me closer to the Lord so many times. She has made me shed tears in sadness, brokenness and laughter more times than I like to think about. I think she is so funny!!! And I love her sense of humor and how she can use it to break down walls for ladies across the United States. She signed my books while we chatted.
There was another lady in line behind me with a sweet baby girl about 5-6 months old. So, Beth thanked me again and went over to the lady where they took a bunch of pictures with the baby. Beth even took her jacket off to hold the baby and they had a great conversation. This sweet lady and her husband had 4 little boys and one of them passed away almost 2 years ago. All of the boys had gotten the flu and the son that was almost 3 years old quickly died from it. The Lord later blessed them with a beautiful baby girl and they had a wonderful conversation. She started getting emotional as Beth was praying for this lady and praying a blessing over this sweet baby right in the middle of Borders. She told her how proud she was of her and said some encouraging words into her heart. It was a sweet moment!! About that time, someone else came up to get in line, which there was none.
I had forgotten that I wanted to get a picture so I was waiting patiently for her to return. She saw that I had my camera out and apologized for making me wait. Then she came back to me and we got a picture and another hug.
What an honor to meet Beth Moore!! I can't wait to read her book. I am hoping to start this weekend. She is going to be leading a bible study with the ladies that want to participate who follow her blog. So each week, she will assign a couple of chapters and a few questions and we will meet "online" once a week to discuss those topics. If you are interested in participating, her blog is http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com .
3 comments:
OK...I'm jealous! I SO wanted to go...but had to work. I even mentioned something to Shad...like ummm...maybe he could go see her for me and get me a book and get it signed..I guess he didn't take me seriously! Oh well.
I'm going to put my big girl panties on and try to read this one. I need to get it soon so I can do it with the blog, too.
So Glad you got to go! ;)
I wished I had known..I would have gotten a book signed for you. I started the book last night and read the first 2 chapters-yeah!! I am already ready for the first "meeting"-it seems like it will be very good!
Our family is so blessed to have someone who can put into words all the fun along the way...I truly enjoy reading your blog. Mom
Post a Comment