Friday, February 26, 2010

Our family yearbook- 2009

It took me a little longer than I hoped to get it done, but I got it done only 6 weeks into the new year.

Since I cannot seem to keep up with my scrapbooking, I thought I would try to make a Heritage Makers book for our 2009 adventures.

It arrived very quickly and I am so excited to share it with you online :



I was really pleased with how it turned out. I used a template, so it really didn't take very much time to make. But the template has a little more "empty" space than I am used to, which didn't allow for much journaling. Of course, I could change it however I wanted, but I liked the way it looked. And they are graphic designers and I am NOT -for a reason!! :) So, I just hit the highlights of the year. The book is so cool!! I have made other books, but this is my first 12x12.

Now, I will admit that I needed more details and since I had done that on my blog, I did need a backup of my blog (which I had never done!). At this time, HM is not set up to transfer the blog to a book. They are working on it though. After searching high and low, I ended up using another company to make my blog book. I figured this would let me see things I like and dislike about other companies as well. I have to tell you that I spent about the same amount of time on each book. I had to call customer support for the blog book, and one company was helpful and one was not. With one company, you couldn't change anything once your blog had been imported. So, if my blog post had been only a video, that was a waste of space, in my opinion. But the only way to get that out was to temporarily delete the post and then import the book and then go back and put the post back in. What a pain! I don't like the fact that the videos don't transfer any pictures, but I understand it. For one company, I had to download their software onto my computer, which I really didn't want to do if I didn't have to. And you could modify things much more in their books, but it seemed very confusing. I'm sure there is a learning curve, as with most things. But, I couldn't seem to get it to do what I wanted to do.

Regardless, I got my blog book this week as well. And it's some thick reading material. Why didn't you guys tell me I talk(blog) to much?? You are supposed to be my friends, right?? Wow!! The book ended up being about 200 pages long-it is like an encyclopedia, for goodness sakes. However, that did cover from Oct 08- Dec 09, so it was a little over a year. I had wanted details and I got the details in that book. It is almost overwhelming when you see it and I have found that people won't look through that one like they do the other one because you just can't read it all (of course!). Anyway, the blog book turned out nice too and in the end, I love them both!! They are a good complete set for our year in review. I don't think there is a way to show the blog book on here, so if you want to see either one in person, I would be more than glad to show you on year in review! :) And, of course, if you want any information about Heritage Makers, go to my website at www.storybooksbycindy.com or ask me-I will be glad to help you make your own storybook or project. We have all kinds of fun things to do with your pictures. As a matter of fact, I will give a coupon to anyone interested for a free swatch book-how fun!!! Everyone loves these and who doesn't love FREE??

No comments: