Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Cow Appreciation Day
Every year chick-fil-a sponsors cow appreciation day. I have a friend who has her whole family -her, her husband, their 4 kids, her mom, her 2 sisters, their 2 husbands and their 10 kids - dress up every year and they go to a different chick-fil-a for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Well, she sent me an email this year reminding me about it, and we decided to do it. Because if you dress up, you get a free meal. The kids were all game, so we downloaded the spots. I even wore the sign that read "eat more chicken" and had ears like Justin under my black and white hat and spots. When the kids realized that we were going to the Sprayberry location, they started getting panicky because...."WE KNOW PEOPLE THERE!!!" It was funny. My spots kept falling off, so I was trying to put them back on in the parking lot and my ear blew away under the car. I finally got all ready and we walked in. I would have felt very funny too if there weren't so many people dressed up. But, we were there around 2:00 and it was packed out with cow-people.
The manager met us and opened the door telling us we looked "moovelous". We ordered our free combo meals and were waiting. About this time, I told Jennifer that I saw one of her friends from school. It was a mean joke but it got the expression that I was looking for. :) Then we started making comments like "oh no don't get moooody on us. Mooove over there while we wait. And many others. The cashier was laughing with us.
After we got our food, Justin ripped his spots off and crumbled them up. But then when I told him that we were planning on going back for dinner and he wouldn't get any
I enjoyed watching everyone come and go and all the moooovement in the restaurant. Some had cow bells, and some wore trash bags with spots. Some painters had painted their spots on their coveralls. When we were leaving, we ran into Mrs. O'dell (who is a family friend and both kid's kindergarten teacher). Luckily, she was dressed up too and so it made the kids feel better.
We ended up not going there for dinner after all, but I was really happy we went for lunch. And I look forward to many MOOOOre years of it. :)
free food, he was sorry that he had done that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think we were on vacation when this happened...I will have to do it next year....I'm all about a free meal! :0)
Post a Comment