Monday, July 26, 2010

Some crazy pets to take care of!!

Over the years, we have pet-sat for many different kinds of pets. Of course, we have done the normal- dogs and cats and fish. We have taken care of some unusual ones too. We have pet-sat for turtles, hermit crabs, shrimp, and even a pig. But two weeks ago, we pet-sat for 2 dogs and 2 rats. The Koehlers were out of town as well as our next door neighbors. The Koehlers have 2 rats along with one dog. Speedy and Mrs. B are the rats names. I won’t touch them but the kids don’t mind so they took care of them and I handled Copper the dog.



The pig belonged to our next door neighbor at our old house. It was a huge pot-bellied pig that we were to “let out” and feed while they were gone. Let’s just say that I will NEVER forget the time he “had an accident” on the living room floor.

The shrimp belonged to our neighbors down the street. We were taking care of their 6 cats and some kittens, 2 dogs, several fish aquariums and a shrimp. I thought it was so funny that they had a shrimp.

The hermit crab was for preschool. We took care of it over Christmas break. We did fine with it, but it died shortly after we returned it to the classroom when the heat lamp went out one cold weekend.

So, if you are looking for someone to take care of your weird pet while you go out of town, you know who to call....

2 comments:

Mary said...

OK...why do the Kholers have rats? RATS???

Cindy J said...

Cause they are weird...plain and simple! I can't explain it either. They will tell you all the merits of having a rat, but it makes NO SENSE to me!! I still love the family though! Just not the rats...I don't touch them.