The girls ran across my newest cookbook -Hungry Girl- and had a blast looking through it. They came up with the idea that they would fix me dinner out of the cookbook. So, they poured over the recipes and chose an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert. They are all healthy recipes but it was interesting to listen to them converse about the sugars and cholesterol and the health benefits of each recipe. They chose a fruity chilled soup as the appetizer, a shrimp dish for the main course, and a chocolate dessert. Well, actually I picked the chocolate part since they couldn't decide between the 2 desserts they wanted. They came home and made the grocery list of things they needed. I went to the grocery store and got the stuff while they showered. Then they started cooking. The recipes all stated that they would take about 30 minutes to prepare. They thought they should be done rather quickly. They divided up the tasks and chopping and blending,etc. They started fixing dinner around 6:30, I believe. They told me not to do anything, but I did have to pull out some ingredients and help here and there. Then after they got the shrimp in the oven, they sent me to get a shower.
While I was gone, they made the dessert and decorated the "restaurant" and had Hawaiian music playing in the background. They dressed up and had me dress up for the occasion. They really enjoyed the whole thing and were so into it. I even had a menu to choose from....good thing I wanted what was listed! :)
They did a great job cooking but they were astonished at how long it took to cook a meal!! On the way home from White Water, they had made the comment that "It is soo fun to plan a meal". I agreed....as long as you do it once a year or so. But not so fun when you have to do it day after day after day. We didn't end up eating until 9:20, but they had gone all out to treat me like a queen.
They joined me for dinner but would have to sneak out occasionally to get refills on drinks and serve desserts.
They also had many laughs along the way as they both made a mistake here and there but kept great attitudes. And we had lots of laughs at dinner too. I wished I had gotten more pictures but we were really hungry and I was being treated like a queen.

No comments:
Post a Comment