I told the kids that they were going to responsible for a meal all by themselves. We got the cookbooks out for some ideas and they chose what they were going to make. Then they had to make a grocery list and we would go get the groceries that they needed.
Justin’s menu was personal pizzas, fruit kebobs,caesar salad, and oreo milkshakes. He planned it and made the dough and sauce from scratch. And a big mess in the kitchen! But doesn't all great chefs??
Jennifer’s menu was grilled vegetables (squash, zucchini, onion, etc) and grilled chicken. I had to wonder if she chose her meal since Daddy would be the griller. :)
They both did a good job and we had yummy meals! Hopefully, they learned a few things in the process. I know one child learned that to measure butter, you don’t need a measuring spoon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment